Today I'm over at Off the Deep End talking about my Black Friday experience...considering that I didn't wake up until about a half an hour ago and there are leftovers calling my name...I'm wearing my yoga pants for the rest of the day.
Mom just called. Wants to go back out. Hold me.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:
I went back out after I posted this and got home around 7:30 p.m. - it wasn't as crazy as it was at midnight but still does not change my mind - Cyber Monday is the way to go.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE - TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IF YOU DECIDE TO IGNORE MY ADVICE AND GO SHOPPING AT MIDNIGHT NEXT YEAR:
- Do not carry a heavy purse. Opt for just the wallet and phone. Or a messenger bag. Never a fanny pack.
- Do not get drunk before, during, and after Thanksgiving dinner. In addition to being extremely tired, you'll feel like you're going to hurl. If you do hurl, go towards the front of the line to do it - they'll leave and you'll move up in line.
- Don't wear a heavy coat/sweatshirt - once you get in the store there will not be a cart for you and you'll have to carry a lot of stuff that will make you very, very hot and miserable. Freeze while you're in line. It will keep you awake.
- Go through the ads, go to the store the day before to find out where that thing will be and/or hide the things you want to buy somewhere else in the store (a salesperson at one store actually suggested that to my mom and sister -- he said they wouldn't straighten up the store beforehand -- they didn't!) and go get that thing and get in line. Immediately.
- Don't take it so seriously. Go with people who are fun and have a sense of humor and are as drunk as you.